Summer is sadly coming to its end. I can feel it at night and in the morning as they are getting cooler and now I’m starting to prepare for my daughter to start school in a few weeks. Although I wish I could hold onto summer longer, I also can’t help but get excited for all things Fall. Like Halloween, Thanksgiving, beautiful coloured leaves, and of course warming foods. When I made this baked apple cinnamon oatmeal the other day the aroma it gave throughout the house made it feel like fall was here. With apple picking season around the corner I thought it would be a great time to share this warming breakfast with you.
We received a wonderful care package from Rogers Grains, which included their original porridge oats, which are packed with oat flakes, wheat bran, oat bran and flaxseed. You better believe that we could hardly wait to make something nutritious and delicious with these. The mission we gave ourselves was to ensure that it was simple to put together and of course, kid approved. Let’s just say, we definitely met that goal with this baked apple cinnamon oatmeal. A few ingredients get mixed in a bowl and then placed in a baking dish, 30 minutes in the oven and it’s done.
It’s something everyone at my house enjoys, and each person can top it as they like. With warm milk, maple syrup, seeds, nuts, and additional fresh apple. It can also easily be warmed up, so great to pack and take to work. So if you’re looking for an easy way to feed your family in the morning give this tasty oatmeal a try!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 2 cups porridge oats (I use Roger's original porridge oats)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced apples (plus more for topping)
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- chopped pecans for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8x8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Mix in the apples, applesauce, almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Then add the butter and mix to combine.
- Spread mixture into baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until browned on top. Top individual servings with pecans, additional maple syrup, and/or warm milk.