This post is dedicated to those preparing to celebrate the Super Bowl this Sunday. I’m not going to get into any details on football here, because honestly, I have no idea what’s going on. But I can tell you, what I enjoy most about football is the drinks, eats, and parties that go along with it. Especially the annual Super Bowl! So if you are preparing to host a party or attend one this weekend and are looking for appetizer ideas, here’s one for you. Our baked cauliflower buffalo bites!
One of the great things about this recipe is there is no need to fry these bites to get a good crisp. The coating that gets used along with the high heat these get baked on give these all the crisp they need. Baking the bites also makes this recipe a lot easier with less mess. So if you love buffalo sauce like I do, give these a try whether it’s for Super Bowl or any other night you’d like to enjoy a tasty appetizer!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed, and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups buffalo sauce
- OPTIONAL: ranch of blue cheese dressing/dip for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the milk, flour, garlic powder, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the cauliflower and stir to coat all pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the panko crumbs in a medium sized bowl. One by one, take a piece of the cauliflower (from the wet coating), allowing any excess coating to drip off and coat in panko crumbs, then place on baking sheet. Continue until all pieces are done.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl add the buffalo sauce. One by one take the cauliflower and dip into the buffalo sauce, just to coat, but not soaking, and place back onto the baking sheet. Continue until all pieces are done.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. Check to see if the bites are crisp enough. If not, put the oven on broil, and cook for additional 2-4 minutes. Watch to make sure they are not burning.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.