We LOVE hummus at our house! I’m pretty sure that I have tried every single variation out there, but we always refer back to this hummus recipe. It’s easy to make, the perfect snack or spread and perfect for entertaining as well.
I feel like hummus is hard to ‘get just right’ – even though it tends to be just a few simple ingredients. I have eaten a lot of hummus, but this is the recipe that makes it perfect every, single, time! This hummus is creamy, rich and thick and has the perfect balance of flavours.
Serve this with pita bread, chips, crackers or veggies. We also use this as a spread on sandwiches and in wraps. Make this today, it’s the perfect snack, lunch or app!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
- 1 can chickpeas
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini, well stirred
- 2-4 cloves garlic (depends how garlicky you like it)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit if serving to little ones)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, for serving (optional)
- Paprika, for serving (optional)
- Drain the chick peas in a colander, but reserve ⅓ cup canning liquid.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, chickpea canning liquid, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne, salt and olive oil to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Process for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add more canning liquid or olive oil if it looks too thick. Taste and add more lemon or seasoning if desired. P
- Transfer to a dish and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Once ready to serve drizzle with more olive oil, paprika and parsley.