Brownies rank as one of my favourite desserts; with their soft and super chocolately centers, they are a chocolate lovers dream. These brownie bites from Hubert Cormier’s Yogurt Every Day cookbook satisfy all of my families chocolate cravings in just a few bites. What’s amazing about these brownie bites is that the recipe calls for some pretty clean and straightforward ingredients, including unsweetened applesauce, plain Greek yogurt and of course cocoa powder. What’s even better is that they take no time at all to put together!
I must confess, our family went through these pretty quickly this past weekend (perhaps a little too quickly)! Pretty sure that I caught both Matt and Emma sneaking one over breakfast! We baked these brownie bites in mini muffin cups but Hubert suggests that these can also be baked in an 8-inch square dish, with the cooking time increased to 30-35 minutes. This is one of those easy to put together recipes that you can get the kids involved in the prep process and they’ll appreciate the outcome so much more. Both the kids helped bake these with me and they both were happy to gobble them all up as well.
We’ve been absolutely loving the recipes from Yogurt Every Day and this week we will be announcing a GIVEAWAY to win a FREE copy of the book courtesy of Appetite by Penguin Random House. Stay tuned for the official announcement across all of our social media channels. Check out Instagram (@sneakymommies), Facebook (@sneakymommies) and of course here for entries to WIN! Stay tuned.
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chunks), melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, applesauce, yogurt, melted chocolate, eggs and vegetable oil.
- Using a spatula, gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into mini muffin cups or mini-fancier molds and bake for 7 to 8 minutes.