Have you tried these yet? These juicy, tender chicken meatballs, swimming in a delicious tarragon sauce? If not, you must! You must make them for dinner, today! I sound pretty excited there, don’t I? It’s because these meatballs are awesome. My whole family loves these, which makes them kid friendly and a perfect weeknight meal.
My dear friend Edyta, is an exceptional cook. She is always coming up with these delicious European (mostly Polish) meals, that are hearty and soul satisfying. We host play and dinner dates on a regular basis, and the meals that she serves hit the jackpot every time. Both our kids are obsessed with meatballs (klopsy as we call them in Polish), and she makes these incredible saucy dill ones that just melt in your mouth! It is those meatballs, that inspired me to create these guys, and they do not disappoint.
Serve these chicken meatballs with egg noodles, mashed potatoes or by themselves and you’ll be sure to please the entire family. Quick and easy to put together, the perfect weeknight meal. Try them today (seriously!).
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
- Ingredients for Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup cooked white rice, cooled to room temp or colder
- 1 large egg (or a flax egg)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- ½ cup flour for dredging
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Ingredients for Sauce:
- 3 ounces pancetta
- 1 small shallot, thinly diced
- 1 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream or plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh tarragon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, rice, egg, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and dried tarragon. Mix well with your hands.
- Roll the mixture between your hands into small/medium sized balls. Once all of the balls are rolled, roll them in flour, dusting off any excess.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the oil. Using tongs, transfer meatballs into the pan
- and saute 4-5 minutes on one side, then flip them over with tongs, cover and cook another 3 minutes or until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, then remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, add pancetta and shallot and cook until crispy. Then melt 1 tablespoon butter and whisk in the flour and continue to whisk until it becomes golden in colour. Whisk in 2 cups of organic chicken broth and the fresh tarragon and stir until the sauce begins to thicken. Then whisk in your heavy cream or plain Greek yogurt. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and continue to stir until it is thick enough to coat the back of your spoon/whisk. Place the meatballs back in the pan with the sauce.
- The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools, so serve immediately. Top with more fresh tarragon.