We love festive treats in our house, so around the Holidays we tend to go a little crazy with all yumminess that we make. And don’t even get me started on birthday celebrations. My daughter’s birthday is 5 days before Christmas, so you better believe I am cooking up a storm and we are all indulging in these awesome Chocolate-Covered Pretzels with Crushed Candy Canes!
They are simple, fairly quick to make and most importantly fun! My son, Evan, loved helping me make these over the Holidays. Pretty sure he did more taste testing than anything else, but what a blast we had. I let him make his own version, where he dipped them in sprinkles, chocolate chips and wrapped them in gummy worms. He was in candy heaven and as for me, well let’s just say he was only allowed to have one a day.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
- 2 bags chocolate chips (dark or milk chocolate)
- 1 bag pretzels (salted or unsalted)
- Crushed candy canes (from Bulk Barn or make your own)
- Chopped nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
- Gummy worms, for garnish (optional)
- Coconut, for garnish (optional)
- Crushed cookies, for garnish (optional)
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over medium heat on stove top or microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Using your fingers, quickly dip pretzels in chocolate allowing the excess to run off.
- Place dipped pretzels on waxed paper lined cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes or toppings of your choice. Allow to harden.
- , Place in fridge to help speed up the cooling process. Once hardened, remove from sheets and store in a cool location.