This rich and creamy mushroom linguine with truffle oil is a tasty treat. If you enjoy the flavour of mushroom, you’ll love this pasta dish!
I am a huge fan of cooking with mushrooms, but I can’t say I like to eat them raw. What elevates the flavour of this dish is by adding in the truffle oil. Although it is a little pricey, believe me it is worth it. The aroma and taste it adds can’t be beat, and conveniently truffle oil can be found at most grocery stores as it is becoming more and more popular. This pasta is made with butter, white wine, shallots, arugula, and three types of mushrooms. So delicious!
Feel free to swap out any other pasta instead of the linguine, I used it because I had it at home already. Bowties and penne would work well with this dish as they hold the sauce well. Serve this creamy mushroom pasta with a salad like out Superfood Kale Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing. Hope you give this recipe a try soon, enjoy!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 chopped shallot
- 8 oz of sliced assorted cremini, shiitake, and white mushrooms
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 thyme springs
- 9 oz candi-to tomatoes (or other small tomatoes, like cherry)
- ⅔ white wine
- 1¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp white truffle oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- linguine (or other pasta of your choice)
- baby arugula or arugula micro greens to top
- parmesan cheese for serving
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter over medium-high heat in a deep pan
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to directions.
- Add chopped shallot and cook for about 3 minutes until soft.
- Add last tablespoon of butter until melted and then add mushrooms, garlic, and thyme springs. Lower temperature to medium heat and cook stirring often for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Add tomatoes and continue cooking about 4-5 minutes more.
- Add white wine and simmer for 5-6 minutes until it has reduced to about half.
- Remove thyme springs.
- Add cream, season with salt and pepper and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in truffle oil.
- Serve over linguine pasta. Top with arugula and fresh parmesan cheese.