There’s nothing better than summer tomatoes fresh from your garden. Although I currently don’t have any at home, I have been lucky enough to get some from friends and family who have lots to share. If you are looking for a way to use up your garden tomatoes or you are looking to make a new delicious soup try our Creamy Roasted Garlic and Tomato Soup.
My favourite way to enjoy both garlic and tomatoes is by roasting them. It adds such a delicious flavour, so I figured why not start with roasting them before adding them to this soup. The addition of cream makes this soup creamy and smooth, while the smoked paprika helps finish it with a slight smoky taste. Something your whole family can enjoy!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced in half inch pieces, seeded and cored
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 small onion diced
- 900 ml/4 cups vegetable broth
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- croutons for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the tomatoes for roasting by laying them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, drizzle over the tomatoes. Using 1 teaspoon brown sugar sprinkle over the tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the garlic for roasting by peeling most of the paper off the garlic, leaving the head still intact. Trim about ¼ inch off the top of the head of garlic so the tops are exposed. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over top. Then wrap the garlic in foil.
- Place both the baking sheet of tomatoes and the garlic in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the tomatoes are getting charred and the garlic is soft once poked with a fork.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, add the last 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once heated added the onion and sautee about 5 minutes or until soft, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and garlic (You should be able to easily squeeze the garlic out of the skins completed now) and puree with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the whipping cream, smoked paprika, the remaining 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for additional 10 minutes to absorb flavour. Garnish with croutons and enjoy!