Mmmm, creamy smoked salmon pasta! A super easy, kid friendly, weeknight dinner that the whole family can enjoy.
My son Evan, has a best friend named Hunter who is basically like his adopted brother. These two are inseparable! They go to school together and are in the same class; they play with each other every single day after school and when the weekend comes, they always want to make plans together. Since the boys are so close, we have gotten to know his parents pretty well and we absolutely adore them. Hunter’s mom had asked me for a recipe for a creamy alfredo sauce that she can tweak to adjust to Hunter’s taste, and so this pasta is dedicated to you Hunter!
As I alluded to, the beauty about this creamy smoked salmon pasta is that it can be tweaked according to what you have on hand or what your preferences are. The base of the sauce is good quality butter, heavy cream, parmesan or parmigiano reggiano cheese and white wine. I usually serve the pasta with smoked salmon, but if that isn’t your thing you can substitute with shrimp, chicken or another type of fish. In terms of vegetables I usually add peas or broccoli to it, but you can also add asparagus or even tomatoes. So much flexibility and so much deliciousness.
This is one of my family’s favourite go to meals and I hope that you give it a try as well. We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- ½ to ¾ pound spaghetti or fettuccine noodles
- 4 tablespoons high quality butter (preferably organic)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5-6 pieces smoked salmon, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup Parmesan or parmigiano reggiano, thinly grated
- Fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup peas (I use frozen)
- Put pasta water on to boil in a heavy pot. Salt the water. Once water is boiling, cook the noodles until al dente (read the instructions on your noodle package to determine exactly how long you will need). Once the pasta is done, drain it and put aside.
- To prepare the sauce, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the white wine and allow to boil down by half.
- Next add the cup of cream and cheese and stir gently until the cheese melts and everything is incorporated together.
- Add the al dente noodles to your sauce and stir to combine. Add your peas and smoked salmon and cook for a few minutes more. I let the salmon cook through a bit so that it is flaky as my kids prefer it this way. An option is to stir the salmon in on top of your noodles once it is on your plate.
- Season with lots of freshly ground black pepper and more cheese if you'd like.