Mashed Potatoes don’t need to be so basic and boring, because with a few simple additions they can become so much more for your next meal. There’s several other ways to do mashed potatoes which I plan to share in the future, but today we’re going to look at a classic favourite, garlic mashed potatoes. You just can’t go wrong with these.
This recipe was inspired by the famous garlic mashed potatoes from The Keg Steakhouse restaurant. To be honest though, The Keg is not a restaurant I would chose to visit as it’s a very standard steakhouse with a menu that never changes much. I understand some people love the consistency but I prefer to visit restaurants where I can try new combinations and get new ideas. That being said, The Keg’s garlic mashed potatoes is a popular side and seems to always be a crowd favourite.
These mashed potatoes would go nicely with steak, like our Flank Steak in a Balsamic Mushroom Sauce or any roasted meat. I hope you get a chance to enjoy them!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 4 large red potatoes, washed and cut in quarters, skin left on
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ¾ teaspoon salt (more or less to your liking)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (more or less to your liking)
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and garlic. Boil until potatoes are soft and easily poked with a fork.
- Drain water. Add milk, butter, salt, and pepper, and use a hand masher until very smooth and creamy. Garnish with fresh parsley.