Happy Shrove or Pancake Tuesday! Will you be celebrating with a pancake meal today? Tonight my family will be at our church enjoying some pancakes with our congregation for dinner. But whether you celebrate Shrove Tuesday or not, you can certainly still enjoy these delicious gluten free pancakes anytime!
If you’re looking for a gluten free pancake option, this recipe will be perfect for you. The pancake mix is made from a blend of oats, applesauce, and honey, making them a truly healthy option. I also substitute in almond milk, so our lactose sensitive daughter can enjoy these with us too.
To finish them off I top these with some fresh fruit and some maple syrup, to give my family a great healthy start to the day. Try them yourself and as always enjoy!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in your IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 large egg whites (or 1 egg)
- cooking spray or coconut oil for pan
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and let sit a few minutes to thicken.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat with some cooking spray or coconut oil and pour about ¼ cup of batter onto skillet. Cook each side a few minutes until bubbling on top. You may need to lower heat as you continue to cook.
- Top with any fresh fruit, and pure maple syrup.