For our first Sneaky Sunday’s recipe we are sharing our healthy granola bark. Now that summer vacation is in full swing and we basically live outdoors, the kids are constantly asking me for snacks. And so, the perfect solution to ensure that what I give them is still healthy, yet delicious, is this granola bark. It is packed full of oats, nuts, chia seeds, hemp seeds and of course, just a few chocolate chips, because well, chocolate chips of course!
This healthy granola bark is a breeze to make and totally kid approved. My kids eat it up no questions asked and I love it because it contains ingredients I can actually pronounce and I get to control the amount of sugar that goes into it. Win win! We tend to do a lot of snack sharing and swapping, and every friend that has tried this, has absolutely loved it.
My kids get a little crazy sometimes and eat this like cereal — pour milk over it and voila. Weird perhaps, but so darn tasty. We highly encourage you to give this healthy granola bark a try, as we feel pretty good that you kids will love it just as much as ours.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1¼ cups walnuts, pecans or almonds,chopped
- 1¼ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a rimmed pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup, sugar, water, vanilla and salt. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly ensuring the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, coconut, hemp seeds, chia seeds, chocolate chips and almond flour.
- Once the liquid mixture is at room temperature, whisk in coconut oil.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture across the prepared baking sheet. Press down firmly (use the bottom of a flat cup or a spatula). Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once finished baking, set on a cooling rack to allow the granola to crisp up. If you find that the granola is not as crispy as you would like it, return the pan to the oven and bake for another 10-15 min.
- Once cool, break into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, or in the fridge up to 1 month.