Happy Sneaky Sunday! Who’s looking for new week night recipe ideas? Well this honey garlic chicken stir fry is one of my favourite go to week night recipes. It’s quick to prepare, healthy, tasty, and a meal that pleases everyone at the table, even Aubrey! (my picky daughter). Though she does pick out the peppers and mushrooms, but she eats the broccoli and chicken, so I’m ok with that! She also loves the sweet sauce, because who doesn’t love honey garlic, right??? A must try for sure!
Pick your favourite side to serve with this stir fry. Rice, quinoa, and noodles are all great options. I like to enjoy it on it’s own, but I always have rice or quinoa for Aubrey and my husband! Hope you enjoy it!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 3-4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cup mushrooms, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- rice or quinoa for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, and cornstarch, set aside.
- In a wok or pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, season with ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook about 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a bowl an set aside.
- Add the remaining oil, saute the mushrooms about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and continue the saute about 1 minute more.
- Add the broccoli, peppers, and about ¼ of the sauce. Cover the pan, and lower heat to medium-low. Allow the veggies to get steamed about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the chicken and the remaining sauce. Cook together about 1-2 minutes more to allow sauce to thicken.
- Enjoy over rice or quinoa.