Kid-friendly date power balls have been all the rage in our house these last few months. What’s amazing about them is that I can customize them based on ingredients I have on hand and they always hit the spot when we need an energy boost.
The base of these balls is always dates, which add the sweetness and then I add some form of peanut or almond better, chia or hemp seeds (or both), chocolate chips, coconut and rolled oats. I usually role them partially in hemp seeds and sprinkles (to entice the kids) or coconut or nothing at all!
These are great as an after school snack or when you need a quick pick me up and don’t actually feel like making a meal. They are sweet (but not too sweet), decadent and energy boosting. Both my kids really enjoy these and they never make it past a couple of days in our house.
Store them in the fridge to preserve the ultimate freshness in an air tight container.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- • 1 cup of pitted fresh dates (if not fresh, soak in hot water for 10 min)
- • 4 tablespoons almond butter (or cashew, peanut butter etc.)
- • ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- • ½ tablespoon hemp seeds (more for coating)
- • ⅔ cup oats
- • ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- • ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional, for coating)
- Pulse dates in a food processor until they form a sticky ball.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the food processor and pulse until well combined (but not overly processed).
- Scoop about a golf ball sized amount into your hands and form a ball by gently rolling between your hands.
- Coat in sprinkles, hemp seeds or coconut.
- Place balls on parchment paper on a plate in fridge for approx 20 min to allow the ball to set. Once set, store in an airtight container.
*Loosely adapted from Natural Delights, Medjool Date Power Balls