Guys, this Mediterranean pasta is seriously going to blow you away. I’ve been making this pasta since the second I laid hands on the recipe in 2016, and have tweaked it and perfected it to suit my family’s taste. The combination of sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, basil and feta in a homemade Mediterranean tomato sauce made from San Marzano tomatoes is mouthwatering. It’s packed with so much flavour, and flavours that just meld together perfectly, you’ll understand the obsession once you try it.
This is one of those pasta’s that makes for a perfect weeknight meal and then you definitely want to make extra to take for lunch the next day. I’ve eaten it cold, kind of like a pasta salad the next day, and it is just as delicious. My kids were a bit unsure of it initially as it definitely has different sharper flavour than they are used too, but after a few small nibbles by youngest loved it and even though Evan took a bit more convincing, he too confessed that it was quite tasty.
Both Matt and I love this pasta. It brings us back to the flavours of Greece where we vacationed on our honeymoon. I still remember how fresh everything tasted and it is where we both fell in love with olives. This Mediterranean pasta certainly packs on the flavour and is definitely one of our favourites. The original recipe is from earls, the cookbook, but I have modified it slightly to make it my own.
I usually serve this with a big Italian salad or try it with our caesar salad and some toasted garlic bread to make it a carb filled amazing meal you’ll be making again and again.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1 pound linguine or spaghetti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes
- ½ cup roughly chopped kalamata olives (more or less depending on preference)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped sundried tomatoes (more or less depending on preference)
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups Mediterranean sauce (ingredients & recipe below)
- ¼ cup thinly chopped basil
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- MEDITERRANEAN SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup San Marzano Sauce (take 1 can of San Marzano tomatoes, along with 1 tablespoon dried oregano and 1 tsp salt. Break up the tomatoes and use 1 cup of this as your sauce)
- ½ cup good quality olive oil
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Boil a large pot of water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet until simmering.
- Toss the grape tomatoes, olives, sun dried tomatoes and grated garlic into the skillet and cook until the tomatoes look like they have blistered.
- In a large cup or small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and stock until well blended and no dry reminents remain. Add to the skillet with the vegetables. Immediately add your Mediterranean tomato sauce and allow it to come to a simmer and slightly thicken.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss gently to coat the noodles with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and top with basil, parsley and crumbled feta.