One of my favourite summer vegetables is fresh sweet corn and it is finally beginning to be harvested in Ontario. I wanted to make sure I had the chance to share this recipe for Mexican street corn at the start of the season, so you’ll have plenty of time to try it this summer. Believe me, once you taste it you’ll wonder why you never tried corn like this before!
Last summer my husband and I were invited to a dinner party at a friends place along with a few other friends. The hosts that evening, Kristina and Kendall, can always be counted on to entertain with fun, style, and great food! They did not disappoint this time either, where they themed the entire dinner to be Mexican, complete with a decorated table and all the traditional fixings. There were plenty of options at dinner, several different types of tacos, spicy potatoes, and of course this Mexican street corn. Everyone at the table couldn’t stop raving about it. It was the tastiest corn I’ve ever had, hands down. I should also mention that our gracious hosts completed the meal with a lovely tres leches cake. Luckily, they shared their recipe for the corn with me, and now I’m passing this delicious tasty recipe on to you. I can’t wait to see them again for their next dinner party in September!
Don’t miss your chance to buy some fresh sweet corn and try making something new with it this summer. Perfect for any summer dinner party, or for your next taco tuesday. Hope you enjoy!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- ½ cup finely crumbled cotija or feta cheese, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon ancho or guajillo chili powder, plus more for serving
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 4 ears shucked corn
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Set half the burners of a gas grill to high heat. Set cooking grate in place, cover gill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate.
- While grill heats, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro in a large bowl. Stir until homogenous and set aside.
- When grill is hot, place corn directly over hot side of grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Transfer corn to bowl with cheese mixture and use a large spoon to evenly coat corn on all sides with mixture. Sprinkle with extra cheese and chili powder and serve immediately with lime wedges.