On our most recent vacation to Samana, there was a crêpe station that we visited every, single, night after dinner. They would make these incredible crepes right in front of you and then everyone got to pick their own toppings. Everything from real whipped cream, an assortment of fruits like strawberries, pineapple, banana, melons and limes, a coconut jam that may have been the best darn thing ever, to a variety of different syrups, honey, icing sugar, cinnamon, you name it, they had it. It was incredible! The kids knew that once they ate their dinner, we would venture over and indulge in a crêpe, which made for a pretty smooth meal time (well almost!).
I must admit, even my husband and I looked forward to the crepes as they were just that tasty! I knew that once we got home I had to recreate the recipe and I think this hits the spot. I’ve made crepes in the past from a recipe that my mom shared with me so I had a pretty good idea of what the basic ingredients were. But since we have no time in the mornings (all parents are nodding their heads right now, am I right?) I wanted to simplify it as much as possible so it could be a weekday recipe as well. And so, the solution was to make it into a blender recipe that was quick and easy.
You’ll need just a few simple ingredients, the basics being eggs, flour, butter, milk, sugar and vanilla. Since crepes aren’t exactly the healthiest of breakfast’s or desserts for that matter, I always sneak in some healthy ingredients. Instead of chocolate drizzle, I usually put some organic honey on top; as for the inside I add as much fruit as possible, a sprinkle of hemp seeds, and a dollop of Greek yogurt for additional protein. Feel free to play around with the toppings as much as you’d like and make it into your own creation!
These keep well in the fridge for a few days (just warm them up in the oven), and you can also freeze them (stack them in a zip lock bag and re-warm in the oven).
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup almond milk (or cow's milk)
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- Butter, for coating the pan
- Toppings (optional):
- Limes & icing sugar
- Fruit (strawberries,melons, bananas, pineapple)
- Jam or compote
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel sauce
- Greek Yogurt
- Whipped Cream
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Pulse until well combined!
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add just a smidge of butter to coat. Pour about ¼ cup (depends on the size of your pan) and swirl the batter to coat it evenly. You want the batter to be as thin as you can get it.
- These cook quickly so you will need to keep a watchful eye. Once you see that they are starting to brown on one side, flip it over and cook the other side.
- Continue cooing and stacking the crepes on a plate until all batter is gone.
- Serve warm with any toppings you wish!