Our family LOVES, and I mean LOVES guacamole. It’s amazing. This recipe, is our family favourite guacamole and it is seriously delicious and you will love it as well. We put that stuff on everything. Tacos, quinoa burritos, burgers, nachos, quesadillas, layered Mexican dips, eggs…you name it, we’ve probably done it. In the past I always guessed the quantity of the ingredients that I needed when I made this guacamole and sometimes it was bang on and other times it lacked that something something and so when I was preparing this version, I made sure I measured everything out to give you the perfect recipe.
I have tried many variations of guacamole and have gotten pretty creative with the pairings, but I always go back to this standard recipe. It just works and tastes amazing and everyone seems to enjoy it. What’s amazing is just how simple the ingredients are, yet the boost of flavour that it provides to every dish is really amazing. For this recipe you will need avocados (obviously!), tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, fresh lime juice, garlic, cumin and salt.
One of the issues that I alwayssss run into is storing the guacamole so that it doesn’t turn brown and gross looking the next day. In order to prevent oxidization from happening I always place an avocado pit in the middle of the guacamole AND I place it in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid. I pack it in tightly in the bowl and dribble in some lukewarm water (about 1/2 an inch of water). Put the lid back on and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. When you are ready to eat, take off the lid, and gently pour out the water and stir up the guacamole to incorporate any excess moisture. It seems weird friends, but it works! Now and go and make a huge bowl of this deliciousness!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 2 large ripe avocados (or 4 small ones), peeled and seeded (keep a seed for storage after)
- ½ cup finely diced tomatoes, get rid of as much of the seeds as you can
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (we remove the seeds but if you want some extra heat include them)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ to 1 tsp sea salt
- Mash the avocados to the desired consistency. We like it primarily smooth with a few chunks of avocado, but it is up to you.
- Fold in the tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, cumin and salt. Mix gently but thoroughly to ensure everything is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately. For storage option please read above for our recommendations.