This peach cobbler may be the perfect recipe to say goodbye to summer with. The peaches are juicy and tender after being baked in their own juices with just a bit of lemon, while the top is perfectly baked until light and fluffy and cakey, topped with just a bit of brown sugar and pecans. My son Evan isn’t much of a dessert kinda kid, I mean he’ll lick the icing off a cupcake or have ice cream, but when it comes to cakes and cobblers and crisps and all that goodness, he really isn’t into it. He also, isn’t into peaches much (which is crazy, because they are probably my top favourite fruit)…..BUT he tasted this peach cobbler and HE LIKED IT and he ate his whole portion and said that it was super yummy!
This makes me excited (clearly!), because he ate it, and it’s probably one of the healthier desserts I’ve made and it has MINIMAL sugar and he basically ate more of the baked peaches then anything else, which is just awesome. And so, this is why we are sharing this as our Sneaky Sunday recipe. Even though you may think that your kid does not like something, or will never try it or whatever excuse, just encourage them to have a bite and then they may actually surprise you. Or serve it with lots and lots of ice cream, that works too!
This peach cobbler is super, super easy to put together. You don’t even have to peel the peaches, just cut them up into slices or wedges and you are done. You also do not add any fillers to the peaches and NO sugar! To make the fluffy cakey top, you just need butter, sugar, flour, milk, baking powder and salt. For the topping which is totally optional, I took a small handful of brown sugar and some pecans and just tossed them on top. It adds a nice crunch to the whole thing and is super yum.
If you have some peaches laying around, or are just craving a seriously easy dessert, this is the one for you. Give it a try and then let us know what you think!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 10 large peaches, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch slices
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse or kosher salt
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup hot water
- Handful of brown sugar for topping (optional)
- ⅓ cup of pecans for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, to catch drips.
- To prepare the peaches, place the slices peaches in a baking pan (I used a large round one, but a 9x13inch pan will work well here). Then finely zest the lemon over the peaches and squeeze the lemon juice all over the peaches. Mix gently so that everything is coated.
- To make the batter, beat the butter with the sugar until sandy for about 2 minutes. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and beat until just combined and then lower the speed and slowly mix in the milk. Continue beating for 3-4 minutes at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- To assemble the cobbler, plop the batter in large blobs over the peaches and with a butter knife carefully spread the batter evenly over the fruit.
- If desired sprinkle with a small handful of brown sugar and pecans. Then drizzle the hot water of the topping.
- Bake the cobbler for 60-70 minutes until the top is cracked and golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the batter comes out clean.
- Let the cobbler sit for a while before you dive in. Scoop out and serve with ice cream or by itself!
*Recipe slightly adapted from, Smitten Kitchen, Crispy Peach Cobbler