It’s the month of December, and as we approach Christmas we are so excited to be sharing some of our favourite holiday recipes to help inspire you. Today we have a recipe for our delicious peppermint icing, which you can use with any of your favourite cake recipes. We recommend trying it with our decadent double chocolate cake. We love to finish the cake with some cracked pieces of candy canes, and fresh mint to garnish for the perfect look! I found the peppermint lollipop on top at dollarama, SCORE!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup crisco shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- Cream butter and shortening in a stand mixer. Add vanilla, peppermint extract and salt. Gradually add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed, until well combined.
- Once all the sugar has been added, beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Use icing as desired to decorate your favourite cake.