To be honest, for me it’s a take it or leave it situation when it comes to tapenade. But this pistachio and zucchini tapenade is a new twist on the classic spread and it taste delicious! Traditionally, it’s made from olives and capers, however this recipe throws in a few other ingredients instead of the capers. With the addition of pistachio and zucchini for that extra crunch, this combo makes this one my favourite tapenade.
I first tried this recipe at my mother’s place a few years ago. She had originally found it in a magazine and since has prepared it a number of times. It’s one of our families favourite spreads because it’s so easy to make and taste so great. We typically enjoy it with some crackers, crusty bread, and fine deli meats. However this tapenade can also be used as a condiment, and I find it goes well with fish.
This pistachio, zucchini, tapenade would be a great recipe to make for a potluck or to serve as an appetizer at your next party. I hope you get a chance to try it!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1 large handful or flat leaf parsley, stems removed (about half cup packed)
- 1 large white mushroom, cut in quarters
- ⅓ cup shelled salted pistachio nuts
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 3 inch piece of zucchini
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add the parsley, mushroom, pistachio, onion, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Blend until it is chopped in small pieces but not quite a paste.
- By hand finely chop the olives and the zucchini. In a small bowl mix the olives and zucchini with the processed ingredients. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Serve with crackers, crusty bread, cheese, and fine deli meats. Enjoy!