A few months ago, I went to a Mexican cooking class at the Culinary Studio in Waterloo. As you probably guessed, I love learning new recipes, especially when they are prepared authentically. This class taught me several new Mexican dishes that I can now make at home, and my family just can’t get enough. Along with the Honey Butter Chicken and Saucy Bean Taco’s recipe I learned, I also learned to make this Mexican posole salad with avocado and a cilantro vinaigrette.
Try this posole salad with our Honey Butter Chicken Saucy Bean Taco’s for your next taco Tuesday!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- For the Salad:
- 1½ cups canned hominy
- ¼ cup diced green pepper
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves (3/4 cup)
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 green onion, white and green part
- juice from 2 limes
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup watr
- Make the dressing by blending all the vinaigrette ingredients in a food processor until desired consistency. Set aside
- Assemble the salad. Drain and rinse hominy. Place in a salad bowl and combine other salad ingredients.
- Mix the vinaigrette and the salad ingredients. Enoy!