Still looking for the perfect gift for mom? How about showing your love by making our homemade red pepper jelly? Pair it with some crackers and cheese for a great gift.
This red pepper jelly has the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, which I think goes best with salty crackers and creamy brie cheese. Being that you make the jelly in advance, it can be a quick appetizer you can put out at home in case guests ever unexpectedly stop in for a visit. By following this recipe, you’ll end up with about 8-10 small jars, enough to keep some for yourself and share with friends and family. Just be sure to follow the proper canning process if you are looking to keep the jelly for longer term use. The best part about it is it’s quick and easy to make!
Make sure that you thank mom for everything and show her some love with this special mother’s day gift!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers chopped
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (170 ml) of liquid pectin
- Canning materials
- Follow usual canning process to prepare jars.
- In a blender or food processor, puree peppers and vinegar until smooth.
- In a large, deep pot combine pepper puree, and the sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat (be sure to use a deep pot as it will bubble up significantly as it cooks), continue a boil for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin and boil hard, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and quickly skim off any thick foam.
- Pour into prepared jars and continue usual canning process.