Roasted potatoes with rosemary and oregano is a classic combination that never seems to tire. When roasting potatoes I tend to include both Yukon Gold as well as sweet potatoes, as we enjoy the variety! We always make this combination on special occasions or when entertaining, but these are certainly a great weeknight side dish as well.
These crispy potatoes pair well with pan seared chicken or our Flank Steak in Balsamic Mushroom Sauce. For an easy vegetarian meal, I often roast these with another tray of mixed veggies like peppers, broccoli and zucchini and turn them into a Buddha Bowl with Tahini dressing. So many wonderful combinations to choose from.
They make a terrific side dish and need to be a part of your regular rotation. Give them a try as part of our Valentine’s Day Menu and you’ll see for yourself that they are absolutely delicious.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
- 3-4 large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4-5 garlic cloves, peeled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and halve the potatoes and chop them into small bite sized pieces.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, rosemary, oregano, salt and garlic. Ensure that the potatoes are evenly coated with oil.
- Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-60 minutes until they are golden and crispy. Flip half way to ensure they do not burn. Make sure to check in at the 45 minute mark as times will vary depending on how large the potato pieces are and your oven. Mine turn out crispy and soft in the middle at the 45 min mark, but it will vary.