Homemade sazon seasoning makes everything taste amazing and this Sazon Chicken recipe, is no exception. Originally, I was using store bought sazon seasoning, but then discovered a homemade sazon seasoning version that Gina from Skinnytaste posted and I have never looked back.
This Sazon Chicken recipe is loaded with veggies, specifically zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, broccoli and peppers, so you can feel good about serving this to your family. Evan, my picky eater, loves this dish, even though it is packed with veggies. He requests it weekly and when he does, I am happy to oblige.
I normally serve this over brown rice, but I have also served it over quinoa and couscous and just as is. There never seem to be any leftovers, so that has to tell you something! What’s really wonderful about this recipe is that it is so easily customizable. I have created many variations of this recipe, it just depends on what vegetables I have on hand. I tend to always stick with zucchini, tomatoes and red onion, as this is really the core of the recipe. The tomatoes are a must as the juices they release help create that wonderful sauce. Definitely customize it based on what your family likes though!
To make this a complete meal, definitely try pairing this with one of our favourite salad, we recommend our Spring Salad with Arugula and Zucchini in a Lemon Dressing.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 2 chicken breasts, skimmed of all fat and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablepoons sazon seasoning (link in post)
- ½ medium zucchini, thinly diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups broccoli, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly diced
- 5-6 mushrooms, thinly diced
- 1 red/orange pepper, thinly diced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- up to 5 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- Quinoa, couscous or rice, for serving
- Season diced chicken with sazon seasoning so that it is thoroughly covered.
- Dice and slice all of your vegetables.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large non-stick pan, over medium to high heat, and add chicken. Cook until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan and add all vegetables, aside from tomatoes. Cook and stir constantly until soft. Once vegetables are soft, add tomatoes.
- Once tomatoes have released their juices, add broth and return the chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer for a few minutes to loosen sauce.
- If you'd like, you can add a dash of heavy cream to sauce to thicken it a bit.
- Serve over rice, quinoa or couscous.