If you like a little heat, you’ll definitely enjoy this spicy roasted red pepper soup.
Every week, I usually try to make a few different soups as I find they are perfect for lunch, or to have as a light side with dinner. It feels great knowing I can get in some extra veggies for the day, with a quick and easy soup. Plus, soups or stews are simple ways you can use up a few extra things you have your fridge, without having to make a special trip out to the grocery store.
At its core, this soup is made up of a mix of carrots and oven roasted red peppers, two ingredients you can feel good about. With the addition of both smoked paprika and cayenne pepper, it helps to give it a bit of a kick. This is one of my favourites which is sure to be a healthy hit at your dinner table.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in your IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
- 2 red peppers cut in large slices
- 2 cups of chopped carrots
- 1 full garlic bulb
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ chopped sweet onion
- 4 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Chop the top of the entire garlic bulb to expose the cloves inside, place on baking sheet with peppers and carrots
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on the vegetables and garlic along with some salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 350 and roast everything for about 30-35 minutes
- Heat up a tbsp of olive oil in a deep pot on medium heat
- Add chopped onion stirring constantly for about 3 minutes until onion is starting to brown
- Add broth then bring to a boil
- Add roasted vegetables from oven along with the cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, and lemon juice
- Turn down the heat and simmer on medium-low for about 10 minutes or until the carrots are soft
- Remove vegetables with a bit of liquid in batches into a hand blender bowl and puree
- Add pureed vegetable back into the pot with the stock
- Season as needed with salt and pepper and simmer an additional 10 minutes