This salad is so simple to make, tastes delicious, and looks beautiful on a platter. I think that’s a win all around. Warmer weather always calls for a good salad, especially when your entertaining, and this spring salad with arugula, zucchini, and a lemon dressing will be your go to this year.
Using regular arugula will work just as well for this salad, however I like to use arugula micro greens because they look cute mixed with the romaine and the added texture is nice too. Topping this salad with thin slices of zucchini is the perfect way to eat some extra raw veggies. I like to use a potato peeler, as it’s so quick and there’s no need to cook them when they’re sliced that thin. You can do the same thing with other veggies too like asparagus or carrots, depending on what you have around. You’ll also be happy to know that the dressing is just a few ingredients; olive oil, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. The fresh lemon taste from the use of the zest and the juices makes this salad so refreshing, absolutely perfect for the warmer weather. Enjoy!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- FOR THE SALAD:
- ½ bunch of romaine lettuce (or more if needed)
- 2 cups arugula micro greens (more or less as desired)
- 5 radishes (sliced or whole, however you prefer)
- 1 zucchini (made into ribbons with a potato peeler)
- ½ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- zest from one lemon
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- Olive oil
- 1-2 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all salad ingredients in a bowl or platter to your liking
- Make the dressing using 2 parts fresh lemon juice to 4 parts olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.