Not only do these delicious Sweet Garlic Carrots taste great, but they also look beautiful when served at your table.
Being cooked in garlic and butter, then sweetened with brown sugar and clementine juice, this side certainly has lots of flavour. Butter and sugar is a classic combination to use when cooking carrots, and I think that by adding clementine juice with garlic it makes these carrots even tastier.
This dish really is easy, making it a perfect side for both weekday dinners or when entertaining. An important thing to note when buying your carrots for this recipe, is that you should use small whole carrots, (not your typical large bagged carrots) as they plate better, cook easier, and taste sweeter. If you can find some that are a mix of different colours then BONUS use them too and they will look even more impressive to your guests.
As this is my favourite carrot side recipe, I’m so glad to be sharing this with you and if you like your carrots sweet, then you will love these! My daughter wouldn’t stop eating these at dinner the other night! Hope you enjoy!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in your IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
- 2 bunches of small whole carrots, peeled, and trim most of the leafy green stalks
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 6 whole cloves of garlic
- 10 springs of fresh thyme
- Juice from 2 clementines
- 2 tablespoons runny honey or soft brown sugar
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic to the pan turning after 1 minute.
- Pick and sprinkle in the thyme sprigs, squeeze over the clementine juice, then add the honey or sugar and a splash of water.
- Add the carrots to the pan single layer, season with salt and black pepper, then shake the pan to coat the carrots. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the lid, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until the glaze thickens, while turning often.