Happy Sneaky Sunday Friends! I am so happy to share our tomato, spinach, and ricotta frittata, another kid approved recipe. It’s always so hard to find healthy recipes that my daughter will eat, and this one she loved! I was thrilled!
This egg based Italian dish is similar to an omelette or a crustless quiche. Frittata’s make it so easy to sneak in lots of veggies, and it’s a delicious healthy recipe you can enjoy for any meal, breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Follow the recipe below to learn how to make this winning meal!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of milk (optional: substitute for a non dairy option)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups chopped raw spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10-12 teaspoon of ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to broil. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Add half of the tomatoes and set aside.
- In a medium sized cast iron skillet (oven safe) melt butter over medium heat. Add the spinach just until wilted. Now add egg mixture. Cook for about 3-4 minutes stirring gently, every 30 seconds or so. Once the eggs begin to set but are still slightly runny on top, top with remaining tomatoes, and with the ricotta about 1 teaspoon at a time in little balls.
- Now bring the skillet into the oven and broil about 2-3 minutes or until eggs have set on top. Cut and serve!