Now that summer is here, I can’t help but starting to think about planning a picnic with my family. There’s so many beautiful parks and places that I’d like to visit with my family this summer, so what better way to enjoy them then with a picnic? This post will help you with packing your own perfect picnic, including our new recipe for turkey club wraps.
First things first, you need ready to go snacks. For this I would suggest gathering up some fruits and veggies already cut, washed, and ready to eat. Keep it simple! Think of seasonal fruits and veggies that you can easily pick up at your local farmers market.
Charcuterie is always a good idea when picnicking because it’s easy to assemble. Pick up some fine cheese, meats, bread, and crackers and you’re done. Again, you want to keep it simple when it comes to your picnic, and charcuterie will definitely help with that. You can serve this on any plate you bring along or a small board for serving that fits in your basket.
Now for the main, often we think of sandwiches for a picnic, but I decided to change it up with these turkey club wraps. They’re simple to make, taste great, and spice up the usual boring sandwich routine. See the recipe below.
Other then that bring along the napkins, plates, cutlery, and drinks to make sure you have everything covered. So whether you too are planning to enjoy a picnic with your family or maybe on a date, keep it simple and tasty with these picnic suggestions.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 4 large tortillas
- 8 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 8 ounces smoked deli turkey breast
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 pieces of cooked, crispy bacon strips
- 4 large pieces romaine lettuce
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large avocado thinly sliced
- Set out the tortillas and spread 2 (or more if desired) tablespoons of the ranch over the tortillas.
- Top all of the tortillas with equal parts deli turkey, 2 slices each of cheddar cheese, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece of lettuce, 2-3 slices tomatoes, and 3-4 thin slices of avocado.
- Tightly roll up the wraps, slice in half, and enjoy immediately, or refrigerate and enjoy within 24 hours.