It’s yet another Sneaky Sunday, and today we have a veggie packed snack that anyone at home can make and enjoy. Today we are sharing a recipe for veggie fritters, loaded with zucchini, carrot, and onion. These are perfect as a snack or alongside your next dinner for the kids.
I’d recommend serving these veggie fritters with any of your favourite dips. The recipe suggests a greek yogurt for dipping, but you can easily use other sauces and spreads. My daughter has a dairy allergy, so I often like to whip up a guacamole to serve with these for her. She loves it and so do we (the adults).
If you’re looking to sneak in some extra vegetables into your little ones tummies or onto your own plate, try these veggies fritters!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1¾ cup shredded zucchini
- 1¾ cup shredded carrot
- ½ sweet onion chopped
- ⅔ panko crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- olive oil for cooking
- greek yogurt for serving
- green onion for garnish (optional)
- Grate zucchini and carrot and place in a clean dish towel or cloth and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan on medium high heat. Add the onion and saute until onion is softened, then transfer the onion to a large bowl.
- With the dish towel or cloth try to squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the carrot and zucchini, then add the shredded vegetables to the bowl with the onion.
- Then add the egg, panko crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix everything together.
- Using the same pan from the sauteed onion, add a few more tablespoons of oil on medium heat.
- Shape small patties with the veggie mixture about 2inch rounds and flatten to about half inch. Add them to the pan. Cook on one side about 3-4 minutes, until browning, then flip (handling like a pancake) and cook an additional 2 minutes or until also browned. Continue in batches until all are done, adding oil to the pan when needed between batches.
- Serve with greek yogurt and green onion. Enjoy!