This is a perfect family friendly dinner, ready on the table in just 30 minutes. The chicken is tender, it’s packed with vegetables and it is not too spicy, so even the little ones can enjoy it. This Veggie Packed Chicken Curry, might be one of the easiest dinner recipes we have on our site and worth a try in your kitchen today!
You have the flexibility to include or omit the veggies you want to include in here, but the ones I tend to always stick with include the peas and tomatoes. I have also included broccoli, snap peas and carrots in the past, so make it your own.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
- 2 medium/large skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and curry powder (approx 2 teaspoons) so that it is evenly covered.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned. Chicken does not have to be thoroughly cooked at this time, you are just looking to brown the sides. Transfer the chicken to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the same skillet and adjust heat to medium. Add the onions and cook until softened. Add the garlic, ginger, broccoli and any other vegetables you are using (aside from the frozen peas). Then add about 2 teaspoons curry powder and coat the veggies.
- In a small pot or microwave, slightly warm the chicken broth and then add cornstarch to dissolve it. Add this mixture to the skillet and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and continue to cook until vegetables are soft and sauce has thickened.
- Add the peas and chicken and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the plain Greek yogurt, cilantro and a few squeezes of lime.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper. Serve over brown rice or with naan bread.
*Recipe adapted from Once Upon a Chef, Chicken Curry.