Hi friends, here is another quick dinner idea for a weekday meal. Our white chicken chili is simple and easy to make, and is a crowd pleaser even for the kids too. My daughter said she loved the taste when trying it for the first time last night.
It’s all about the fixing for this meal. With so many options to top it with, it’s almost like a taco in a bowl. Choose your favourite toppings like tortilla chips, sour cream, greek yogurt, cilantro, lime, avocado, jalapenos, and shredded cheese to make your perfect bowl. It’s a fun dinner with the family. I like to put out all the fixings on the table and let everyone add their own toppings over the chili. Plus I think when the kids have more control of their food they tend to eat better, so let them participate in creating their perfect bowl.
This recipe calls for a rotisserie chicken, so it is a great recipe to use up any leftover chicken or turkey works just as well. You can also decide to buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store to make it even easier. Nothing wrong with that, Or else first roast your chicken like normal and then use for the recipe. This chili reheats well so nothing has to go to waste. I hope you get a chance to try this tasty chili.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in your IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 540 ml can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 250 ml can of corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 4.5 ounce can green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- greek yogurt or sour cream
- In a deep pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, stirring often cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Now add the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant about 1 minute more.
- Add the chicken broth, half and half cream, cumin, chili powder, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the chicken, beans, corn, and green chili's and simmer for 15 minutes.
- If you'd like to thicken your sauce, combine ¼ cup water or chicken broth with the cornstarch and whisk until smooth. Pour into the chili and mix to combine. Continue simmer until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with any of the optional toppings.