This Easy Mushroom Stuffing recipe is a perfect side dish for your holiday feasts or any family gathering. It’s a delicious combination of earthy mushrooms, aromatic herbs, and savoury bread, creating a comforting and flavorful stuffing that will complement any main course.
Easy Mushroom StuffingCourse: Food u0026amp; Recipes
8 cups cubed bread (such as French bread or sourdough), preferably day-old
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
500g mushrooms (such as cremini or button), sliced
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons dried sage
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare Bread: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Spread the cubed bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the bread is lightly toasted and crisp. Remove from the oven and transfer the toasted bread cubes to a large mixing bowl.
- Sauté Vegetables: In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and celery to the skillet and cook until softened about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Cook Mushrooms: Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet with the onions and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden brown and any liquid released has evaporated, about 8-10 minutes.
- Season: Sprinkle the dried thyme, dried sage, and dried rosemary over the mushroom mixture in the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and cook for another minute to allow the herbs to become fragrant.
- Combine with Bread: Pour the cooked mushroom mixture over the toasted bread cubes in the mixing bowl. Gently toss everything together until the bread cubes are evenly coated with the mushroom mixture and the herbs are distributed throughout.
- Moisten with Broth: Gradually pour the vegetable or chicken broth over the bread and mushroom mixture, stirring gently to combine. Add enough broth to moisten the stuffing to your desired consistency. Be careful not to add too much liquid; the stuffing should be moist but not soggy.
- Bake: Transfer the mushroom stuffing mixture to a greased baking dish. Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the top of the stuffing is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve: Remove the Easy Mushroom Stuffing from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired, and serve hot alongside your favourite main course.
- Enjoy: Indulge in the rich and flavorful Easy Mushroom Stuffing, with its delicious combination of savory mushrooms, aromatic herbs, and tender bread. It’s the perfect accompaniment to any holiday meal or gathering, sure to be a crowd-pleaser!