These vegetarian meatballs are a delightful twist on the classic recipe, packed with flavour and wholesome ingredients. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, these savoury meatballs are sure to satisfy your cravings.
Vegetarian meatballs offer a flavorful and satisfying alternative to traditional meat-based options. Bursting with wholesome ingredients and rich in plant-based proteins, these meatballs are perfect for vegans, vegetarians, and anyone looking to add more plant-powered goodness to their diet.
Whether you’re serving them as a hearty main course, topping for pasta, or as a delicious appetizer, these vegetarian meatballs are sure to please even the most discerning palates. Get ready to enjoy a delightful culinary experience that’s both delicious and nutritious!
Easy Vegetarian MeatballsCourse: Food u0026amp; Recipes
2 cups cooked lentils, drained and mashed
1 cup breadcrumbs (whole wheat or gluten-free)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast for a vegan option)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil (for cooking)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the Meatball Mixture: In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed lentils, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped parsley, tomato paste, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Form the Meatballs: Using your hands, shape the lentil mixture into small balls, about 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter. Place the formed meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between each one.
- Bake the Meatballs: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the meatballs for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Prepare the Sauce: While the meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan, combine the marinara sauce, balsamic vinegar, dried Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Heat the sauce over medium heat until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve: Once the meatballs are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Serve the meatballs warm with the marinara sauce spooned over the top. Optionally, garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley before serving.