Superfood Breakfast Granola Bars are a nutritious and delicious way to start your day with a boost of energy and essential nutrients. Packed with wholesome ingredients like oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits, these homemade granola bars are not only tasty but also provide a satisfying and convenient breakfast option. The addition of superfoods such as chia seeds, flaxseeds, and goji berries adds an extra nutritional punch, making these bars a perfect choice for anyone looking to fuel their body with goodness. Whether enjoyed on the go or paired with yoghurt and fruit for a leisurely morning meal, these Superfood Breakfast Granola Bars are sure to become a staple in your breakfast routine.
Superfood Breakfast Granola Bars
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, or pecans)
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup ground flaxseeds
½ cup dried fruits (such as raisins, cranberries, or chopped apricots)
¼ cup goji berries (optional)
½ cup honey or maple syrup
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
- Preheat Oven and Prepare Pan: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal later.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the old-fashioned oats, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, chia seeds, ground flaxseeds, dried fruits, and goji berries (if using). Stir until well mixed.
- Prepare Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey or maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt until smooth and well combined.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix everything together until the dry ingredients are evenly coated with the wet mixture.
- Press into Pan: Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan, compacting it tightly.
- Bake: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the granola bars are golden brown around the edges.
- Cool and Slice: Remove the baking dish from the oven and let the granola bars cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, use the parchment paper overhang to lift the slab of granola out of the pan and transfer it to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to slice the slab into individual bars or squares.
- Store: Store the Superfood Breakfast Granola Bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week, or in the refrigerator for a longer shelf life. Enjoy them as a quick and nutritious breakfast or snack on the go!