Gnocchi are like little soft pillows of deliciousness. This gnocchi with cherry tomatoes, garlic, and pancetta combines some of my favourite flavours making it absolutely delightful.
Today’s recipe is so easy to make as it only has a few simple ingredients, but it boasts a big flavour. I add in pancetta for more taste, but you can of course substitute bacon if you would prefer. As for the tomatoes, I recommend blanching them first to remove the skins, as they will likely come off as they cook anyways.
Gnocchi is versatile as it can go either as a meal or a side, while leftovers keep well and are perfect for the next days lunch. Even better is that I can get my picky toddler to eat this meal. She likes the “noodle balls and bacon” and regardless of what she calls them, as long as it gets something in her tummy I’m one happy mama! Give this recipe a try when you’re in a pinch for time and need something quick and tasty to serve for your family. Pair it with our Winter Salad with Mandarin Oranges and Poppy Seed Dressing.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 500 g gnocchi
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved (blanched if desired to remove skins)
- 200 g pancetta, chopped
- 6 garlic gloves (keep whole just give them a squish on their side with a knife)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp brown sugar (or more to taste depending on how sweet the tomatoes are)
- ¼ tsp salt (more to taste)
- pinch of pepper
- fresh basil chopped for garnish
- fresh parmesan for garnish
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium-high heat
- Add the pancetta and cook stirring frequently until starting to brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove and put on a plate or bowl and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons or any remaining oil/fat.
- Meanwhile start cooking gnocchi according to package.
- Lower heat to medium-low add tomato and garlic and cooking about 5 minutes until starting to break apart, stirring often.
- Add the sugar, salt and pepper, and continue cooking another 5 minutes or until tomatoes are liquifying and the garlic is soft. Be sure to continue stirring often.
- Stir back in pancetta and gnocchi.
- Serve with fresh parmesan and basil.