Treat yourself to the ultimate indulgence with these Best Banana Muffins. Moist, tender, and bursting with banana flavour, these muffins are the perfect way to use up overripe bananas and satisfy your sweet cravings. Whether enjoyed as a quick breakfast on the go or a delightful afternoon snack, these muffins are guaranteed to become a staple in your baking repertoire. Get ready to delight your taste buds with every fluffy bite of these irresistible banana-infused treats.
Best Banana MuffinsCourse: Food u0026amp; Recipes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup milk
Optional mix-ins: chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit
- Preheat the Oven and Prepare Muffin Pans: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and granulated sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Mix Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in dense muffins. If using any mix-ins such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit, gently fold them into the batter at this stage.
- Fill Muffin Cups: Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake the Muffins: Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once cooled, serve these Best Banana Muffins warm or at room temperature. Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze for longer storage. Enjoy these delicious muffins with a cup of coffee or tea for a delightful breakfast or snack anytime!