Baru Power Balls are nutritious and energy-packed snacks that provide a quick boost of energy and satisfy your hunger cravings. These delicious bites are made with nutrient-dense ingredients like baru nuts, oats, dates, and seeds, offering a combination of protein, healthy fats, and fibre to keep you feeling full and energized throughout the day.
Whether you need a pre-workout snack, a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, or a wholesome treat for on-the-go, these Baru Power Balls are the perfect solution. Plus, they’re easy to make and can be customized with your favourite ingredients for added flavour and variety. Get ready to fuel your body with these tasty and nutritious snacks!
Baru Power BallsCourse: Food u0026amp; Recipes
1 cup baru nuts (or substitute with almonds or cashews)
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and drained
2 tablespoons almond butter (or peanut butter)
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon flaxseeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Optional add-ins: shredded coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, dried fruits, or protein powder
- Prepare Ingredients: If using whole baru nuts, pulse them in a food processor until finely chopped. If using other nuts, you can chop them manually or pulse them in a food processor. Set aside.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped baru nuts, rolled oats, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Blend Wet Ingredients: In a food processor, combine the soaked and drained dates, almond butter, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the processor bowl as needed.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Pour the wet date mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Use a spatula or your hands to mix everything together until well combined. If the mixture seems too dry, you can add a little more honey or almond butter to help bind it together.
- Form Balls: Take small portions of the mixture and roll them between your palms to form balls. You can make them as large or small as you like. If desired, roll the balls in shredded coconut, cocoa powder, or chopped nuts for extra flavour and texture.
- Chill: Place the formed balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and chill them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Serve: Once chilled, transfer the Baru Power Balls to an airtight container for storage. They can be kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or stored in the freezer for a longer shelf life. Enjoy these nutritious and delicious snacks whenever you need a quick energy boost or a healthy treat on the go!