One Pan Chicken Broccoli Orzo is a quick and easy meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights when you want something delicious and nutritious without a lot of fuss. This recipe combines tender chicken, vibrant broccoli, and flavorful orzo pasta all cooked together in one pan for minimal cleanup. With just a handful of ingredients and simple steps, you can have a satisfying meal on the table in no time.
The chicken adds protein, the broccoli brings a burst of freshness, and the orzo pasta absorbs all the delicious flavours, making every bite irresistible. Plus, the convenience of cooking everything in one pan means less time spent washing dishes and more time enjoying dinner with your loved ones.
One Pan Chicken Broccoli OrzoCourse: Food u0026amp; Recipes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups broccoli florets
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Season Chicken: Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sear Chicken: In a large skillet or pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the pan and sear them for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Cook Garlic and Orzo: In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add the uncooked orzo pasta to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is lightly toasted.
- Add Chicken Broth: Pour the chicken broth into the skillet with the orzo pasta and garlic. Stir to combine, making sure the orzo is evenly distributed in the broth.
- Simmer: Bring the broth to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Place the seared chicken breasts back into the skillet, nestled among the orzo.
- Add Broccoli and Herbs: Add the broccoli florets to the skillet around the chicken and orzo. Sprinkle the dried thyme and dried oregano over the chicken, broccoli, and orzo.
- Cover and Cook: Cover the skillet with a lid and let everything simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until the orzo is cooked through, the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C), and the broccoli is tender.
- Finish and Serve: Once the orzo is cooked and the chicken is done, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot. Squeeze lemon wedges over the dish for a bright burst of flavour, if desired.
- Enjoy: Dive into this delicious One Pan Chicken Broccoli Orzo, savouring the tender chicken, perfectly cooked orzo pasta, and vibrant broccoli all cooked together in one pan. It’s a hassle-free meal that’s packed with flavour and is sure to become a family favourite!