Cinnamon Peach Shortbread Squares are a delightful combination of buttery shortbread, sweet peach filling, and warm cinnamon spice. These squares are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue, a cozy brunch, or just looking for a tasty dessert to enjoy with a cup of tea.
The buttery shortbread base provides the perfect contrast to the juicy peach filling, while the hint of cinnamon adds a warm and comforting flavour. With their irresistible aroma and delicious taste, these Cinnamon Peach Shortbread Squares are sure to become a new favourite treat.
Cinnamon Peach Shortbread SquaresCourse: Food u0026amp; Recipes
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
2 cups fresh or frozen peaches, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides for easy removal.
- Make Shortbread Base: In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Add the cold cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs and starts to hold together when squeezed.
- Press into Pan: Press the shortbread mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, using your fingers or the back of a spoon to create a smooth and compact layer. Place the baking dish in the refrigerator while you prepare the peach filling.
- Prepare Peach Filling: In a medium bowl, combine the sliced peaches, granulated sugar, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and lemon juice. Toss the ingredients together until the peaches are evenly coated.
- Assemble: Spread the peach filling evenly over the chilled shortbread base in the baking dish.
- Make Topping: In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon for the topping. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the peach filling.
- Bake: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the peach filling is bubbling.
- Cool and Slice: Remove the Cinnamon Peach Shortbread Squares from the oven and allow them to cool completely in the baking dish on a wire rack. Once cooled, use the parchment paper overhang to lift the squares out of the baking dish. Slice into squares or rectangles and serve.
- Enjoy: Serve these delicious Cinnamon Peach Shortbread Squares on their own or with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat!