The Canadian Caesar Cocktail is a beloved drink that originated in Canada and has become a staple at bars and gatherings across the country. It’s a delicious and savoury concoction, perfect for any occasion, whether you’re enjoying brunch with friends or kicking back after a long day. This iconic cocktail is a unique twist on the traditional Bloody Mary, boasting a combination of tangy clamato juice, spicy hot sauce, and savoury Worcestershire sauce, all mixed with vodka and served over ice. Garnished with a celery stick and rimmed with salt and spices, the Canadian Caesar is as visually appealing as it is flavorful, making it a true Canadian classic.
Canadian Caesar CocktailCourse: Blog
1 ½ oz vodka
4 oz Clamato juice
½ oz fresh lime juice
2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
Pinch of celery salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Celery stick, for garnish
Lime wedge, for garnish
Pickle spear or green olives, for garnish (optional)
- Begin by rimming the glass with celery salt. Rub the rim of a highball glass with a lime wedge, then dip the rim into celery salt to coat it evenly. Fill the glass with ice cubes and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, Clamato juice, fresh lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, celery salt, and black pepper. Add a handful of ice cubes to the shaker.
- Secure the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to chill the mixture and blend the flavours.
- Strain the cocktail mixture into the prepared glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish your Canadian Caesar with a celery stick and a lime wedge. For an extra touch, add a pickle spear or green olives on a cocktail pick if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the savoury goodness of this Canadian classic!
- Optionally, adjust the spice level by adding more hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce according to your preference. Cheers!