Sneaky Spinach Tea Cheese Waffles are a clever and delicious way to sneak some extra greens into your diet without sacrificing flavour. These waffles are packed with nutritious spinach, but you’d never know it from the taste! The addition of tea cheese adds a creamy and indulgent texture, while also providing a boost of protein. These waffles are perfect for a wholesome breakfast, brunch, or even a savoury snack. With their crispy exterior and soft, fluffy interior, Sneaky Spinach Tea Cheese Waffles are sure to become a new family favourite.
Sneaky Spinach Tea Cheese WafflesCourse: Food u0026amp; Recipes
Needful ingredients for this recipe:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup grated tea cheese (or substitute with cheddar or mozzarella cheese)
Cooking spray or additional melted butter for greasing the waffle iron
- Prepare Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Blend Spinach: In a blender or food processor, combine the fresh spinach leaves and milk. Blend until the spinach is finely pureed and the mixture is smooth.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted butter. Add the pureed spinach and milk mixture to the bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Mix Batter: Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to gently fold the ingredients together until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; it’s okay if the batter is slightly lumpy.
- Add Cheese: Gently fold in the grated tea cheese (or your chosen cheese) until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Preheat Waffle Iron: Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If desired, lightly grease the waffle iron with cooking spray or brush with melted butter to prevent sticking.
- Cook Waffles: Pour a ladleful of batter onto the preheated waffle iron, spreading it evenly across the surface. Close the lid and cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions, or until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve: Remove the cooked Sneaky Spinach Tea Cheese Waffles from the waffle iron and transfer them to a serving plate. Repeat with the remaining batter until all the waffles are cooked.
- Enjoy: Serve the waffles hot, garnished with your favourite toppings such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, or a dollop of Greek yoghurt. These Sneaky Spinach Tea Cheese Waffles are not only delicious but also nutritious, making them the perfect way to start your day!