In just 20 minutes you can have a delicious and healthy dinner on the table with this veggie packed lo mein. When I am desperate to try and feed my two kids as many veggies as I can, I combine them with noodles and tamari and I am pretty much guaranteed that dinner will be a success.
This easy dish includes 8 different types of vegetables including broccoli, carrots, snap peas, edamame, onion, peppers, mushrooms and mini corn, so even your pickiest eater will be able to find something they enjoy. Of course you don’t need to keep it purely vegetarian, add some chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu and keep the carnivores happy as well.
To cut down on the cook time even more, prep your veggies the night before and cook your noodles. Then it’s just a matter of throwing everything into a pan and voila, dinner is served.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in your IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup snap peas, cut once in half crosswise (or use frozen)
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (or use frozen)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (or use frozen)
- 2 carrots, chopped lengthwise (or use frozen)
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped (or use frozen)
- ½ cup edamame (or use frozen)
- 1 cup mini corn (or use frozen)
- Pinch of salt
- ½ pound linguine noodles, cooked
- ¼ cup vegetable broth broth
- 3-4 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2-3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Heat your sesame oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Once hot, add red onions and saute until softened.
- In the meantime boil salted water in a large pot and cook your linguine noodles.
- After a few minutes, add your mushrooms and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the remainder of your veggies and saute until all of them are soft.
- Add the cooked noodles into the pan, along with the veggie broth, tamari/soy sauce, hoisin sauce and oyster sauce.
- Toss together until everything is well coated and the flavours meld together.
- Serve immediately.