Happy SNEAKY SUNDAY friends! Today we are sharing another favourite recipe from the cookbook YUM AND YUMMER, by Greta Podleski. These broccoli and cheddar quinoa bites are so tasty, and simple to make. They’re also very versatile, serve them for breakfast, a snack, an appetizer, or with a meal.
I made these the other day, and as usual I had lots of people over to try them. My daughter, my brother in law, his girlfriend, my sister, and her girlfriend. So all of us got to taste test them, and they did not disappoint. In fact they were gone very quickly, we all loved them. I have left overs of the cooked quinoa and the other ingredients I used, so I will be making more today! yay!
Luckily for you, Nat and I were given one extra copy of the cookbook, and we’re doing a giveaway. So head over to our Instagram (@sneakymommies) to find out how to enter the contest.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa (season water or use vegetable stock to cook quinoa for more flavouring)
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded old (sharp) cheddar
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, broccoli, and both cheeses.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, mustard powder, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Pour egg egg mixture into the quinoa mixture and mix to combine.
- Lightly oil one 24-cup mini muffin pan, or 12-cup muffin pan. Evenly spoon the quinoa mixture into each cups. Using a spoon press down on each cup, to pack in the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa bites have firmed up and are golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve Warm.