Who needs a salad after days of feasting on holiday meals? I know I do. Yesterday I wanted something light for dinner, so I made this delicious roasted butternut squash and spinach salad with rosemary and honey vinaigrette, along with our chicken tortilla soup and it was a nice change up from roasted meat and potatoes. This salad is one of my favourites at this time of the year. The squash and pomegranates keep it seasonal, and the rosemary in the dressing really adds a unique flavour that everyone always loves. So I wanted to share it with you!
This salad tastes amazing, but I also love that is is filled with great ingredients. The squash gets seasoned with turmeric. The dressing is sweetened with honey, and uses apple cider vinegar. I actually made this salad a few times for guests over the last week and every time was asked for the recipe. So if you too are looking for a new salad to complete a meal, or to enjoy on it’s own, you must give this one a try!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1½ pound butternut squash, cubed (about 4 cups cubed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups baby spinach, packed
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top with the olive oil, garlic, turmeric, and salt. Using a spoon toss to coat evenly. Roast for about 15 minutes, or until squash is softened when a fork is inserted. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare your dressing. Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, and honey, and whisk to combine. Now mix in the rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, add the spinach. Top with pomegranate seeds, almonds, feta cheese, and roasted squash. Toss with dressing and enjoy!