Happy Sneaky Sunday!! Today’s recipe is a classic easy favourite that has been modified to include good ingredients without the little ones knowing about it. These Sneaky Sloppy Joes are filled with 4 veggies, onion, carrot, zucchini, and red pepper, and I promise the kids won’t even know it. This recipe can be made quickly and is perfect for lunch or dinner. It also makes for great leftovers so you can reheat the filling for days or freeze for later use.
The kids will be asking for seconds of this tasty quick meal. So forget what you thought you knew about sloppy joes and try these delicious homemade ones filled with veggies for your children’s bellies. Enjoy!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ sweet onion, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbs of chili powder
- ½ tsp dry basil
- ¾ cup carrot, shredded
- ¾ cup zucchini, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 500 ml tomato sauce
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Buns for serving
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Add the beef and cook stirring often until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Mix the onion, pepper, chill powder, and basil into the meat. Cook for additional 3-4 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the carrot, zucchini, and the garlic and continue to cook another 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, and continue on a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve on your favourite bun!