I love to entertain and host dinner parties for friends and family. Therefore I’m always looking for new recipes that are sure to taste great, present well, and impress our guests. This recipe for chicken cordon bleu in phyllo pastry does just that. So next time you’re hosting a dinner party consider giving these a try.
This delicious phyllo pastry is filled with garlic butter, chicken, swiss cheese, and black forest ham, so darn good! Don’t let the look of these intimidate you. I promise you will be glad you tried these and be well rewarded in the end. Hope you get a chance to enjoy them!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1 Box of phyllo pastry prepared in sheets
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-5 chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- 300 grams sliced swiss cheese
- 200 grams black forest ham, sliced
- salt and pepper to season
- Thaw phyllo pastry as directed.
- In a large bowl add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the salted butter and garlic powder.
- On a large working area, lay one phyllo pastry sheet down. Brush with butter mixture. Take another sheet and lay on top and again brush with butter mixture. Cut in the middle downwards on both sides, creating 4 squares. Take one set and put on another, then do the same with the others. This will prepare two phyllo pastry stacks to now fill.
- Take one piece of chicken, wrap with a slice of cheese, then a slice of ham and place in the middle of the phyllo stacks. Then fold all corners of the phyllo pastry upwards and squeeze the tops to close them. Use the butter mixture to seal if needed. Continue until all chicken is used.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until phyllo pastry is nicely browned. Enjoy!