Since our Best Hummus Ever recipe has been so popular we decided why not share another favourite hummus recipe. For those of you who enjoy some heat, you will absolutely love this Chipotle Hummus. When simple, and basic hummus ingredients are mixed with chipotle pepper in abodo sauce, you get this hummus with a kick!
I love how versatile hummus can be. Serve it with your choice of crackers, bread, veggies, or use it as a spread on a sandwich, or even as a dip for any BBQ meat. So next time you need a dip or spread try this creamy, rich, thick, and spicy, Chipotle Hummus!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic , quartered
- 1 Tbsp minced chipotle chilies in adobo
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt , or to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro , for garnish
- In a food processor add 3 Tbsp reserved liquid from chick pea can, lime juice, olive oil, tahini, adobo sauce, and garlic. Then add chick peas, chipotle chilies, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and salt. Cover then process on medium speed, and adding an additional 1 Tbsp liquid as needed, until hummus is smooth. Plate and top with more olive oil, adobo sauce and chipotle chilies if desired, then sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips or veggies. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.