We’ve had a cool summer here in Ontario, however these past few weeks have been very hot, and not fall like at all. Last weekend was a hot one, and my family and I enjoyed a day at an apple orchard, picking our own apples to take home. I was there with one thing in mind, apple pie. Apple pie is one of those comforting desserts when fall arrives, and it’s typically liked by all. If you’re not much of a baker, no problem, because this recipe for simple apple pie is quick and very easy to make.
If you’re looking to make the pie as quick and easy as possible then opt for a store bought pie crust. Or you can use our recipe for buttery pie crust found in our recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb pie. Either way, everyone enjoys a fresh baked apple pie, so while apple season is here try making our simple apple pie. Hope you enjoy!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 2 homemade or store bought pie crusts
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 large baking type apples, diced
- 1 egg
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Place one pie crust in a pie dish.
- Mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and apples in a large bowl. Then pour into the pie crust.
- Use your second pie crust to top the pie as you wish.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Using a small brush, coat the egg wash over the top of the pie, just until all of the top crust has been coated, you will have left over egg. Be sure to seal the ends of the pie.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Allow pie to cool before serving.